Mary over at The Domestic Apologist shot me a cyber high-five:
It goes something like this: Hey, I like you and I like your blog. Here’s a Liebster Award and 10 questions that you should answer about yourself.
An easy post to write. I mean, who doesn’t like expounding upon themselves? Introspection starts…. now!
1. Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year? Taking a dish to another home?
Um…I have no idea. I’m sure there are other people who know details like this far in advance. I, however, am not one of them. In fact, Andy and I had a conversation about this very thing just last night:
“Hey Love, what are we doing for Thanksgiving?”
“I don’t know.”
“Ok. Well, glad that’s settled.”
2. Are your kids sufficiently revved up for Halloween, AND, when do you buy your Halloween candy?
The girls are…divided. Every day they change their minds as to their desired costumes, although for Mo we’ve narrowed it down to “Elsa-dinosaur-flower-ballerina”. So, that should be interesting. Candy is purchased in a panic the day before/of Halloween. See #1 for how great a holiday planner I am.
3. Costumes or saint getups for your kids this year?
Costumes! Although if I somehow magically catechize my kids well enough that they choose to be a saint of some sort, I’m sure I will take a bazillion photos and post them proudly here. Maybe we should host an All-Saints Party. That’s a thing, right?
4. Everyone loves fall. Is there anything about autumn that bugs you?
Ha! I don’t love fall *gasp. I am solar powered, so as soon as our earth’s axis tilts us away from the sun, I fight the urge to fly south. So, what bugs me? EVERYTHING: getting colder, leaves to rake, less sunshine, less sunshine, less sunshine, split tomatoes, rain, grey…ug. Maybe my question should be, what do I like about fall? Um…I’ll have to get back to you on that one.
5. What recent meme really cracked you up?
I’m cheating, a little, and posting two.
First, Corey and I, in a fit of sleep deprivation watched this gif about a hundred times. Eric Chavez’s “hey hey hey!” face gets better and better with each watch.
The second is a favorite ’round here, and one that most any parent can relate to:
I’ve seen Andy laugh so hard at this he cried. He was also sleep deprived at the time. I’m starting to notice a sleep pattern ’round here…
6. With what kind of intensity are you following the Synod?
I’m mostly just waiting till the official translation of the final draft comes out. That means I’ve ignored most media outlets for the last forever and half my facebook feed.
7. On weekend mornings, do you cook a special breakfast at your house?
Waffles and scrambled eggs courtesy of our own chickens. Mmm mmm mmm. Nuff said.
8. Pick one current pop song. Expound upon your love or hate of it.
Current? Pop? What is this magical dance music that you speak of? There is something other than Wee Sing and the Frozen sound track in the audible universe?
Send auditory help. Stat.
9. If you had one for eternity: kettle corn or movie theatre popcorn?
Choose one? Ooh, but that splits up the salty-then-sweet spiral of waistline death that I love so much. Um, does the Sate Fair come with the kettle corn, and a Movie Theater come with the classic popcorn? If so, I choose kettle. I love me some 4-H.
10. Predict the Superbowl champion. Or, recount your man’s elation or misery at the outcome of last year’s Bowl.
Mary, you picked some tough questions. And this one, perhaps the toughest of all. Because, see, we don’t do football in this house *another gasp! (She doesn’t like fall or watch football? Is she even American?!) For the sake of my sister Jessie and her fanatical boyfriend Scott, I will, however, say: Seahawks. They made it pretty far last year…right?
Speaking of my sisters, I’m passing this highfive on to both of them whom I love (Jessie is here and Corey is here); to Bonnie, where I lurk; and to Abbie, who I long to see back in Vancouver. I know some of you haven’t blogged in a while, so feel free to answer on whichever online platform you prefer.
Ready ladies? Start your engines:
1. What is pizza (that one is from Mo)?
2. What is your greatest accomplishment from the last week?
3. Digital or analog planner? Analog over here.
4. What are you snacking on today?
5. Favorite article of clothing? Why?
6. Who paid you a recent compliment? What was it? You’re beautiful. There now you can’t back out of the question. Mwahahahaha!
7. Where would you go on a dream vacation? What would you do? Who would be there?
8. Let’s talk superpowers: Which one would you like to have and which one do you already command? We all have one. Andy’s is perfectly guessing which tupperware to use for leftovers. It’s an engineer thing, I think.
9. What’s one thing you own that doesn’t match your personality? For example, I own a chainsaw. I don’t think people think of me as a chainsaw kind of lady…
10. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Any holiday, any tradition. I’m interested to see how my sisters answer this one…